/ Séminaire de l’axe Sciences Sociales et circulation des savoirs - LIA Post-Western Sociology in Europe and in China
Professor Qu Jingdong : « Narrative Sociology »16 février 2018, de 10h à 13h, à l’ENS de Lyon, site Buisson (IFE), salle D8 006
Résumé de l’intervention
Narrative sociology is a special perspective for Chinese social life in ontological sense. Just as anthropologist Lin Yaohua said in The Golden Wing : studies on institutions of Chinese Family, Methodologically, Narrative sociology is not about the observation and statistics from objective view and also not about the subjectivity from the modern philosophy of reflection, it is a kind of sociology by introspection and sympathy in the close social relationship among people. Lin said that Heaven is humankind and fate is society, which means the process of social life is not the chains of causal relation, but the balances of the events happened one by one. This kind of life, and its configuration of distribution of land rights, rituals and kinships, seems as a river converges all routes of life for everyone, and make the Chinese people as Guanxi personalities and inter-fused society, not the individualities and their subjective construction from western world.
Professor Qu Jingdong,
Executive Deputy Director, Institute of Humanities and Social Sciences, and Professor in Department of Sociology, Peking University, the former Deputy Director, National Institute of Social Development and Institute of Sociology, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences（CASS).
Research Fields :
- Social Theory, Sociology of Organization, Studies on Social Structure and Social Development.
- MA.(Philosophy, Fudan University), PH.D (Sociology, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences ).
Main Works :
- Absence and Break : A Sociological Study on Anomie, Shanghai : Shanghai People Publishing House, 1999.
- Durkheim’s Theory of Education and Human Nature, Shanghai : Shanghai Sanlian Press, 2005.
- Social Process of Organizational Innovation, Shanghai : Oriental Publishing Centre, 2004.
- Freedom and Education : On Philosophy of Education of John Locke and Jean Jarques Rousseau. Beijing : Sanlian Publishing House, 2012.
- La sociologie chinoise avant la Revolution（with Li Peilin）. Editions de la Maison des science de l’homme, 2016.
- Collected Works of Emile Durkheim (10 Vols. Editor and Translator), Beijing : The Commercial Press, 2017.
- An Introduction to Chinese Sociological Classics (Ed. With Li Peilin), Social Sciences Academic Press. Main Papers : “From total dominance to technical governance : an analysis on thirty years during reform period”, Social Sciences in China, vol.6, 2009.
- “The Project System : A new form of State Governance”, Social Sciences in China, vol.5, 2012.
- "Possession, operation, and governance as three conceptual dimensions of town and township enterprises : An analysis going back to the classical social sciences", Chinese Journal of Sociology, Vol.2 No.1 January 2016.
- “After Sacred Society : To Commemorating 100th Anniversary of Emile Durkheim’s Death”, Chinese Journal of Sociology, Vol.4 2017.
- Numa Murard, Professor of sociology, University Paris VIII